20 July 2015

Little and often


Yeah baby - it's that time when I regather the scattered vestiges of my tolerance and humanity from the chaos of secondary education... just in time for next term!


In the meantime I've been making a little more progress, aptly, on the chaotic models I've accrued. The cutting and sticking aspect really has my attention at the moment, so that's what I've continued with. First, I finished the centaur from last time. The belt is a bit larger than I'd have liked, but the sculpting learning curve is a steep one and I'm very much on the nursery slopes.I shall just have to minimise it with my mad painting skillz (if you managed to restrain your guffaw and merely raise a sardonic eyebrow, you have my thanks). Here's horsey boy as he stands now:


Yes, I was rushing while undercoating so held the base, hence the "missed" spot. Speaking of undercoating, I had an absolute 'mare with a blocked can of spray paint - a bit of paint had dried inside the can and remained stubbornly in place until I pumped air into the can using a bike pump which cleared the blockage. And, as a bonus, the can didn't explode and eviscerate me. Woohoo!

Also recently off the cut'n'stick bench is this sorcerous fellow. I didn't do much except stick him onto the banner pole icon (with a couple of extra spikes to give it a more definite facing) from the plastic chaos warrior box set, not the furry cape set, the one before with the hunched warriors with quite a few conversion and mutation bits. The sorcerer himself I don't recognise at all. When I got him he was already missing most of his tab and I couldn't find him on SOLegends - any keen-eyed viewer recognise him? I think he must be GW because the end of his staff is so like the Tzeentch symbol.


The stem he's on is just for painting purposes, I have another flying base ready and waiting for when he's finished. I'm thinking blue robes, possibly a gradient of dark to pale at the hem, and yellow armour. Because Tzeentch. 

G'night,
Rab


8 comments:

  1. I dunno, but the sorcerer looks a bit like a Reaper mini to me. It's a nice mini either way.

    Clever use of a banner star for his disc :)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reaper, eh? Didn't think to look there!

      Thanks - I was going to use a 25mm round base with gribbly bits attached. Then, when I started rummaging for chaos sprues to raid I found the banner star and a new plan came into being :)

      Delete
  2. The centaur is truly awesome looking, you've done a great job there!

    I love the sorcerer but sadly have no idea who made him but you can bet'cha bottom dollar a lot more Oldhammerer Fanboys will be trying to get a hold of him, he's perfect for a Tzeentch sorcerer, loving your work with the Icon as a disc too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Snickit, I am pretty pleased with the centaur, and the disc was one of those moments of serendipity - practically fell into my hand when I opened the box of "useful plastic bits and sprues for chaos".

      I have a rather swish fox-headed sorcerer I got from CP models and another banner icon - do I do the same again?

      Delete
    2. Careful, lightning striking and all that

      Delete
  3. Yup, I've just staggered to the end of term as well. Love the disc on the sorcerer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Surviving to this point in July feels worthy of a parade or medal this year with all the preparation for the new GCSEs and A levels, doesn't it?

      Delete
    2. Certainly does. Never have I needed the summer break - or the simple solace of zen painting - so much.

      Delete