3 April 2016

[GS Review] March



So, how is the 2016 campaign going? March has been rather taken over by family, an overseas trip, and other (mostly pleasant) time consumers. However, some geeking has happened....

The overview:



The pictures:

No completed figures in March, although there are some orc archers nearly done. Honest! I did get on with my gaming table, though.



The details:

SPENDING / NEW FIGURES

  • £8.99 - 16oz scenic cement
  • £21.10 - three chaos dwarfs and six zombies off ebay


1/4 goals completed.

CORE goals
  • finish painting a 24 point Undead warband
  • finish painting a 24 point Chaos Evil warband
  • finish painting a 24 point Dwarf warband
  • finish painting a 24 point Bretonnian Chivalric human warband
STRETCH goals
  • paint a 24 point Orc and goblin warband
  • finish my giant (finally!)
  • paint a zombie dragon (that'll be my Deadcember 2016 project, I hope)


No goals completed.

CORE goals
  • model and texture three 100cm by 50cm gaming boards
  • build some trees in scale (ish) with the figures (i.e 6-11 inches tall)
  • convert three chaos centaurs
STRETCH goals
  • model and texture a fourth gaming board
  • model and texture a fifth gaming board
  • gamify the toy castle I bought last year


No goals completed as originally stated, but I have played some games and am now keeping a total tally as well as considering my goals.

Dragon Rampant - 2
X-Wing - 1
Swords & Wizardry sessions - 6
Knights' Quest - 1
Blood Bowl - 1.5

CORE goals
  • play two games of Dragon Rampant with different forces
  • finish writing Knights' Quest
  • write an Oldhammer scenario involving Father Christmas (yes, seriously)
STRETCH goals
  • Play moar gamez!


Core goals are on target. I'm not sure I can claim they are completed unless I manage it for the whole year, but I'm going to colour them green anyway!

CORE goals
  • blog an average of one post every five days (i.e. six posts per month)
  • give a monthly update of how each of these goals are going
  • give a monthly update of how much I've painted, built, gamed, acquired, and spent
  • co-ordinate Deadcember 2016, along with a prize for the best contribution
STRETCH goals
  • take a group picture of what I paint each month using my lightbox
  • sort out proper galleries of my figures for this blog

How are you getting on with your goals for 2016?
Rab

No comments:

Post a Comment